Welcome

Welcome to our Blog! You can get to our website using the Eaton County Genealogical Society link on the right side of this screen. Anyone may comment on a post. To post a new posting, you must have a Google account and be an author of this blog. Please contact Sherry below via e-mail to become an author.

See our calendar of meetings and events at the bottom of the page!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cemetery Project Meeting July 27, 2011

We had a great meeting tonight in the courthouse with no electricity!  Liz, Jerry, Joyce, Phyllis, Bruce and I talked about various cemetery subjects. 

Benton Township records have been scanned and there is a new cemetery reading for Benton Township (sometimes referred to as Potterville) cemetery and Pinch cemetery with the township records associated with the names on the index.  Photographs are completed for the Benton township cemetery.

I was going to demonstrate the Benton Township cemetery reading and another Woodlawn index with associated death record images, but with no electricity, I could not run the computer.

I had several symbols that I was not sure what they were on a flash drive.  Liz had her laptop there and had enough battery power to show these.  We didn't figure out what they all were, but did decide what a few of them were.

Bruce gave me an updated listing for Freemire and I will compare and update our list in the future.  Bruce plans to work on Sunfield cemetery next.

Jerry gave me some cemetery symbols for Brickyard and an Information page for the web.

Phyllis gave me the final Dimondale pictures.  She is working on completing Rosehill and taking photos of Munger cemetery next.

Liz is very close to turning in Long cemetery.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

No comments: